Would you like to work in a facility that will allow you to have work/life balance? The area offers plenty of small town living features include a historic district and a lake that offers fishing, skiing and camping all within short drive to Dallas and Waco.
The Physical Therapist evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
Provides educational information to patients in regard to injury prevention, ergonomics, restorative therapy and rehabilitation therapy.
Supervises physical therapy assistants and aides in performing treatment.
Performs initial and ongoing assessments of patient's condition.
Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient according to his or her capabilities and desires.
Plans, prepares and carries out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
Directs and supervises physical therapy assistants, students, and other support personnel. Assesses competence, delegates specific tasks, and establishes channels of communication.
Administers treatment involving application of physical agents, using equipment, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines.
Evaluates, fits, and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommend modifications.
Identifies and documents goals, anticipated progress and plans for reevaluation.
- Graduate of a Physical Therapist program.
- Licensed Physical Therapist in the State of Texas.
- One year of experience in the care of patients in an acute hospital setting, inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation or work programs.
- The position will be 99% outpatient, 1% inpatient.
- The candidate will be required to go into the weekend rotation. They would be cover 1 weekend every 5 weeks.
- The person would be crossed trained to cover cardiac rehab and inpatient when other FT Therapist is off.
- Person would oversee/supervise a PTA.
- The clinic sees about 90% orthopedic cases, 10% neuro cases.
- The position offers a range between $38hr-$52hr depending on experience. There is an excellent benefit package and relocation reimbursement/sign-on package of 10K paid out over 2 years.