12th July, 2020
Job Type: Direct
Are you interested in making a difference? Are you looking for a facility that is interested in candidates that want to grow professionally but have not been given the opportunity? Would you like to work in a facility that serves several counties and can offer small town living with lots of outdoor activities including snow skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain biking,
The city has over 15,000 residents nestled in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Colorado and only a few hours of Denver. Then this could be an opportunity for you.
This position as a MDS Coordinator/ADON(Assistant Director of Nursing) in a long term care setting is a 50/50 mix of the two.
To assure that MDS forms are accurate and timely.
Such activity must be in accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the facility, and as may be directed by the Director of Nursing, to ensure that the highest degree of total quality care is maintained at all times.
Ensure complete and accurate completion of the RAI process (including assessment and care plans)
Maintain resident records while adhering to State and Federal regulations
Assist in the admission, transfer and discharge of residents as necessary
Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting etc. as necessary.
Act as an Assistant Director of Nursing when scheduled.
Assist in the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the long -term care facility.
Ensure that the nursing services procedures Manual is followed and that it reflects the day-to-day nursing care procedures used by this facility.
Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure that medications are being administered as ordered and that the treatments are provided as scheduled.
Work in collaboration with other staff members and departments.
- -Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc. as necessary
- -Assist the Director of Nurses in planning the nursing service portion of the residents care/discharge plan as necessary.
- -Participate in surveys made by authorized governmental agencies.
- -Interpret the department's policies and procedures to personnel, residents and visitors.
- -Assist in the admission, transfer, or discharge residents as required.
- -Monitor and report on all accidents/Incidents. Run on call as assigned by DON, schedule and facilitate all care plan reviews.
- -Establish and Periodically review the residents written care plans. Participate in the updating of the residents care plan as necessary.
- -Make written or oral reports/recommendations to the Director of Nursing as necessary/required concerning the operation of the Nursing Services Department.
- -Complete accident and incident reports as necessary.
- -Encourage attending physicians to review treatment plans, record and sign their orders, progress notes, etc. in accordance with established procedures.
- -Chart nurses notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident as well as the residents response to the care.
- -Records new/changed diet orders to resident charts, MAR medication cards, treatment care plans as required.
- -Assure that proper documentation concerning unauthorized discharges is entered in the resident’s medical record in accordance with established procedures.
- -Report all discrepancies noted concerning physicians orders, diet change, charting error, etc. to the Director of Nursing.
- -Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with our established Charting and Documentation Policies and Procedures.
- -Sign and date all entries made in the residents medical record.
- -Fill out and complete transfer in accordance with our established procedures.
- -Complete all required MDS's and submit timely to state Agency.
- Must posses an Associates or Bachelors Degree in Nursing and have a current RN license from the state of Colorado or eligible.
- Experience with MDS coordination required.
- LTC (long term care) experience required.
- Computer skills and an understanding of the MDS process. Training in rehabilitive and restorative nursing practices.
- Prefer approved MDS course completion/certification.
Apply For Job
- Position is located in a new building that was just completed and beautiful.
- Facility is around 60 beds.
- The facility will also be looking to add a part time MDS person to help support since this position is a mix of MDS Coordinator/ADON.
- Facility is offering a range between $33 - $39/hour depending on experience and there is an excellent benefit package and relocation is offered as well.