NOW HIRING! Special Procedures Technologist Charleston, SC
Job Type: Direct
Following established protocol and under the medical supervision of certified radiologists, Special Procedures Technologists will perform procedures for the direct results of interpretation. Technologists will assist the radiologists on procedures as needed and be responsible for supervision of student Radiologic Technologists assigned to them. Encourages and maintains good customer relations.
Contacts: Frequent personal contact with patients, staff, physicians, student technologists and employees.'
Frequent standing, walking. Frequent lifting/moving patients. Intermittent lifting, moving or carrying, pushing or pulling, up to 50 lbs. Frequent use of finger/hand dexterity. Constant reaching with hands/arms. Frequent talking or hearing. Corrected hearing and vision to normal range. Exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue. Possible exposure to infectious materials, communicable diseases and/or other conditions common to a healthcare environment. Frequent exposure to risk of radiation. Intermittent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. Intermittent exposure to risk of exposure to blood-borne pathogens. Quiet to moderate noise level in work area. Requires work under stressful conditions, deadlines, or irregular hours. May be required to take call and/or work weekends/holidays based on the needs of the department.
1. Responsible for the care and safety of patients during imaging procedures utilizing age appropriate care. Following established protocols and under the direction of Radiologists, clinical staff will perform procedures for the direct results of interpretations. Obtains correct written order for procedure. Efficient use of time to accomplish patient care assignments while meeting work quality, quantity and timeliness expectations. Assists in the clinical education of student technologists. 40%
2. Efficient utilization of imaging equipment with attention to minimizing repeat examinations. Uses supplies with emphasis on cost containment. 20%
3. Instructs and prepares patients regarding imaging procedures and assists in obtaining informed consent as needed. Ensures patient’s understanding of procedure. Communicates with family members regarding discharge instructions. Responds actively and with sensitivity to the needs of internal and external customers. 10%
4. Ensures correct orders, diagnosis and clinical history are entered into computer system. Communicates with Radiologist regarding procedure and is effective in communications in both verbal and in written situations and presents a positive and professional demeanor. 10%
5. Functions as a team player by helping wherever help is needed. Demonstrates flexibility and accountability in job duties and is a self-starter. Takes initiative towards improving departmental operations (offers ideas and solutions) and consistently completes EDE. 10%
Performs other job duties and responsibilities as required.