23rd April, 2021
Are you experienced in Ocean Freight? Are you looking for a role where you can add value in a company where you can be developed?
I am recruiting for a new team member to join an established international freight forwarding company based just outside Birmingham.
Job duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system.
- Track and Trace Ocean Export Files and reporting
- Use Global Ocean Export Monitor on a daily basis.
- Ensure documents are timely sent and Shipping notices communicated to overseas and customers.
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendors billing.
- Interact with our customers in arranging their international shipments, meeting customer service standards.
- Contribute to maintain good relationships with suppliers (Ocean carriers, trucking companies and others involved).
- Meet compliance at all times to regulations internal and external in accordance with government regulations.
- Understand department process flow and looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure all customers standard operating procedures in place and updated in Customer SOP.
- Meet KPI standards in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
- Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
- Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
- Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity.
- Understanding of ocean documentation process, a plus.
- Hazardous Materials certification (preferred).
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Pro-active, strong organizational skills.
- Good Microsoft Office and computer skills
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 09:00h – 17.30h
Apply For Job
Salary: - £24k - £32k depending on experience.