10th July, 2020
As a Yard Operative / FLT Driver, your responsibility is to ensure that the yard is organised and tidy following all health and safety guidelines. You will be receiving materials in line with customer delivery requirements. You will work closely with the warehouse team to ensure clear and consistent communication is delivered. As a Yard Operative, you will interact with lots of different people during the day, so we have introduced a set of safeguarding procedures. Additional PPE supplied to you to ensure a clean and sanitized vehicle / Social distancing measures in place / Regular cleaning.
Some of your duties and responsibilities include:
The person for the role will:
- Operating a FLT Counterbalance (2 years exp minimum)
- Stock rotation
- Loading & un-loading vehicles
- General warehouse duties
- Any reasonable requests from your line manager
- Work is conducted inside and outside
- Involvement in 5s audits where and when required and take a pro-active approach to organise the stock to maintain stock integrity and increase picking efficiencies across all work streams.
- Respecting health and safety (following daily checks)
- Keeping the work spaces in the warehouse clean and tidy
- Compliance to H&S / Quality regulations and procedures to ensure the safety of you and other site personnel.
- To undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
- FLT licence Counterbalance ·
- FLT experience within the last 3 years (Desirable)
- Have an excellent health & safety and quality systems awareness
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Preparing vehicles for loading (opening & closing curtains, removing pallets)
- Ability to assess loads prior to loading (Height for double stacking and weight distribution)
- Physically fit happy to perform manual labour when required (requirement to rebuild pallets on occasions)
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative
What you will get in return. A competitive salary. 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. A contributory pension scheme. A range of training and development programmes to help you progress your career. Onsite parking and canteen facilities. Uniform.
Apply For Job