12th January, 2022
At the Y our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World.
YMCA Victoria is committed to delivering high quality, evidence-based programs and initiatives to support people and communities to grow in mind, body and spirit.
YMCA Victoria is recruiting for a Social Impact and Evaluation Coordinator. Join a team implementing an innovative and ambitious strategy to understand and communicate the social value that our work creates.
About the Role
The Social Impact and Evaluation Coordinator role is responsible for supporting data collection and analysis, communicating results and learning from those results.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the development and implementation of Measurement, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plans for key organisational business units (e.g., Camping, Recreation or Youth & Action Sports).
- Assisting with the synthesis, dissemination, exchange and application of knowledge to support the achievement of desired impacts (i.e., knowledge translation).
- Assisting with capacity building initiatives to support a strong research and evaluation culture characterised by data-driven decision making.
- Assisting with the reporting of progress toward or achievement of desired impacts.
This is a Fixed Term Role and can be either Full or Part Time. About the Team
The Social Impact and Evaluation team supports the organisation to understand and communicate the social value that our work creates. We are responsible for implementing and continuously improving a Social Impact Measurement Strategy across the organisation.
The team provides tailored, responsive and practical advice and support to business units (such as Recreation, Camping and Children’s Programs) to ensure programs and services have a robust approach to measuring and reporting impact and are evaluated to a high standard. We work with external research partners to develop and strength our impact practice. About You
The successful candidate will possess the following experience, knowledge and attributes:
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications include:
- Knowledge of measurement, evaluation and learning (MEL) theories and methods, and program logic/theory of change and related approaches.
- Experience leading or supporting measurement, evaluation and learning for programs/ projects in the not for profit sector.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to positively build effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, multi-task and prioritise using a risk based approach.
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au/about-us/safeguarding In keeping with current Victorian health directions it is a requirement that staff attending our facilities are fully vaccinated. Please be aware that you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status as part of the recruitment process. About the Y
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Health, Social Work, Human Services or a related discipline and/or previous skills and experience in social impact measurement, evaluation and research
- Current Full Victorian Driver Licence
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 6,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises. Benefits
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
How to Apply
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
- Salary packaging
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Applicants must address their qualifications and how they possess the identified experience, knowledge and attributes in a covering letter when applying. Please note: We will interview as soon as we identify a suitable candidate. The role may be filled before the closing date.
Apply For Job