07th January, 2022
About the Organisation
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We engage with communities to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
Our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World.
About the Role
The Communications Co-ordinator is responsible for communicating the YMCA vision and purpose to the internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to the Media & Communications Manage, this role has a focus on internal communications. Responsibilities include:
- Developing, supporting and driving internal communications for the organisation’s various channels
- Developing and providing communications support for internal campaigns, activities, mandatory communications and projects
- Supporting social media content planning and management for YMCA Victoria’s corporate channels
- Assisting with research, writing news stories and content and publishing on the relevant channels (such as website social media channels, eDM etc))
- Assisting with the writing, development and proof-reading of YMCA publications (and other resources as required under direction of the Media & Communications Manager
- Providing communications support for YMCA webinars and events as part of the organisation’s activity calendar
- Delivering engaging content to internal audiences
Flexible working - from home and Box Hill offices. About You
To be successful in this role you will have experience working within a similar position and be familiar with email marketing platforms, data management and multimedia tools. You will demonstrate the ability to produce content for a range of audiences across a number of communications platforms (Email, SMS, social media, web, print). Other criteria required:
- Ability to multitask whist maintaining attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build strong relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Desired knowledge of communication project management skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
- Relevant tertiary degree within communications, media or journalism
- Commitment to working for a community-focused not-for-profit organisation.
System experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus but not essential. Please have writing samples available upon request during the interview process. Benefits
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
All candidates will be required to undertake background and probity checks including Reference Checks, a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.\
In keeping with current Victorian health directions it is a requirement that staff attending our facilities are fully vaccinated. Please be aware that you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button.
Apply For Job