07th January, 2022
At the Y our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World.
YMCA Victoria is committed to delivering high quality, evidence-based programs and initiatives to support people and communities to grow in mind, body and spirit.
About the Team
The YMCA Camp Manyung is a Recreation Camp located in Mt. Eliza on the Mornington Peninsula, 50 km south of Melbourne. The Camp is situated 300m from the Port Philip Bay foreshore. The surrounding environment is semi - rural / residential.
Camp Manyung accommodates up to 160 people and operates all year. The Camp is owned by the State Government of Victoria and managed by YMCA Victoria, under a 15 year lease that concludes in the year 2020. YMCA specialises in delivering recreational camping programs to primary and secondary school groups during the 40 weeks of school terms and camping experiences to a variety of diverse community, sporting/recreation and family groups during school holidays and on weekends. The camp’s outdoor program takes place on the camp site and off site at the local bayside beach using a variety of outdoor and adventure based activities.
Please refer to the Camp Manyung website for more information at www.camps.ymca.org.au/manyung
About the Role
The Cleaner role will undertake campsite cleaning to ensure the facility is cleaned to an exceptionally high standard as per the camps cleaning schedule. All areas of the campsite are cleaned regularly and may include the accommodation, ablution blocks, toilets and other facilities.
All candidates will be required to undertake background and probity checks including Reference Checks, a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement. In keeping with current Victorian health directions it is a requirement that staff attending our facilities are fully vaccinated. Please be aware that you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
- You will demonstrates YMCA Victoria values, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
- Have a strong motivation and commitment to perform at your best
- Exhibit boundless enthusiasm and energy for working with a wide variety of people, mostly young people from varied socio-economic and ethnic background
- Previous cleaning experience will be highly regarded
- You will possess proven experience in dealing with large groups of individuals and being able to work under pressure
- Have proven ability to work semi-autonomously under direct supervisor
- Possess the ability to accept and apply instruction and direction from supervisor
- Have a strong customer service focus to ensure high standards of quality of service
About the Y
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 6,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
How to Apply
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Apply For Job