25th November, 2021
At the Y our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World.
YMCA Victoria is committed to delivering high quality, evidence-based programs and initiatives to support people and communities to grow in mind, body and spirit.
About the Role
As a Program Officer you will be required to deliver YMCA programs and services at YMCA managed skate parks and schools throughout Victoria. We have locations across Junction Skate & BMX Park, Knox Skate and BMX Park, Frankston Skate Park and Riverslide Skate Park.
In this role you will work under the authority of the Skate Parks Manager and the Skate Park Coordinator. This roll is a multi‐skilled position, requiring significant knowledge of the action sports community, skate park culture, events and programing.
This role is very hands on, and very public. As the Program Officer you will be required to support the skate parks teams and management, to preform specific duties and deliver YMCA programs.
This role will see you:
About the Team
- Create a safe and welcoming environment for patrons and visitors the skate park, regardless of gender, age, skill level or socio-econmic background.
- Actively engage with users of the facility to build rapport, collect feedback and manage behaviours.
- Facilitate programs that are aimed to increase participation and promote positive activity in the skate park.
YMCA specialises in skate facility management programming and events. YMCA deliver youth recreation programs to young people at the Riverslide, Frankston, Knox and Junction Skate and BMX Parks.
Built within the YMCA's youth empowerment framework, our programs aim to engage, develop and showcase young people through a variety of different opportunities. Through skate parks, YMCA provides a safe and supportive environment for young people to be active, involved, engaged and empowered.
These programs include but are not limited to:
- Private Lessons
- Skate Club, structured clinics and workshops
- Events, competitions and demonstrations
- Clinics and workshops (in schools and skate parks)
- Skate park supervision, outreach and customer service
- Go girls and Inclusive Progression sessions
You will have a passion for all things scoot/skate/BMX, be outgoing and well spoken. With knowledge and experience in skate park culture, you will thrive working in a busy atmosphere, helping youth foster a sense of community in a fun environment!
We are seeking candidates who possess: Desirable Qualifications and Experience
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Scoot, skate and/or BMX experience
- Knowledge and experience with skate park culture
- Youth work experience
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.au
- Demonstrates YMCA Victoria values
- Promotes and accepts personal accountability to better influence
- Provides continuous feedback and clarity of messages within the team
- Performs in a way that inspires and motivates the team to do their best
- Supports a culture of continuous learning and development across the team
In keeping with current Victorian health directions it is a requirement that staff attending our facilities are fully vaccinated. Please be aware that you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status as part of the recruitment process. About the Y
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 6,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises. Benefits
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
How to Apply
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button or email email@example.com for further information. Applications close 9 December 2021.
Apply For Job