16th November, 2021
At the Y our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World
About the centre
Happy Days Macarthur Square is an 80 place service, conveniently located at Macarthur Square shopping centre, Campbelltown NSW. There is access to staff parking for a small fee, alternatively there is free parking in the commuter car park, subject to availability. We have a covered outdoor environment with access to a small natural environment. There are 5 rooms where we educate and care for the children based on different age groups.
About the role
In this exciting position, the cook is responsible for the planning, provision and preparation of nutritious meals for the centre. This is an autonomous role and will require someone who is able to work independently and also within a team.
The role will require you to:
- Assist to Plan, prepare and serve a menu of nutritious and culturally appropriate meals that meet the needs of large groups and individual children aged from eight weeks
- Serve nutritious meals in line with the ‘Healthy Together Victoria’ Program, which meets the needs of individual children in the service.
- Implement the Food Act 1984 and ensure all requirements of the Food Safety Plan are undertaken
- Maintain standards within the kitchen that meet Department of Health requirements and all other regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with all staff and the families and work in partnership to develop and evaluate areas of the menu
- Make recommendations to the Centre Manager on the purchase requirements of resources and equipment required for food preparation and delivery
- Carry out all cleaning duties as required for the effective and safe functioning of the service
This is part time position for one day per week, from 8am-2pm.About You
You will be a passionate Early Learning Centre Cook committed to delivering a superior service for children and their families. You will:
- Have experience and show enthusiasm for working in a Children's Service preparing meals for young children
- Have prior experience working in partnership with families
- Possess sound understanding of regulated health and food safety requirements
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and well-developed emotional intelligence
- Be motivated and committed to perform your best
- Accept personal accountability for workplace actions and consequences to better influence
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team environment
Qualifications and Licences
- Food Safety Supervisor certification
- Relevant Hospitality qualification
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Asthma and Anaphylaxis certification
In keeping with current Victorian health directions it is a requirement that staff attending our facilities are fully vaccinated. Please be aware that you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
At the Y, we are committed to empowering all Children and Young People to feel safe and be safe. As such, we ensure that all of our candidates are appropriately screened (including police check, working with children check and reference checks). To learn more about our commitment to safeguarding children and young people visit victoria.ymca.org.auBenefits
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as:
How to Apply
- Flexible working and rostering arrangements
- Opportunities for career development and growth
- Free access to gyms, recreation, and aquatics centres across the state
- Free access to the Virtual Y – online health and wellness
Working for the YMCA is a rewarding and challenging experience for those with a positive attitude, zest for life and who seek to contribute to the bigger picture. If this is you, click the Apply button or email email@example.com for further information.
Apply For Job