Help to encourage and support members to achieve their health and fitness goals!
At the Y our vision is simple – Amplify Your Voice. Shape Our Community. Challenge Our World.
YMCA Victoria is committed to delivering high quality, evidence-based programs and initiatives to support people and communities to grow in mind, body and spirit.
The YMCA Health & Fitness Instructor must possess a genuine desire to encourage and support members to achieve their health and fitness goals. The Instructor is relied upon to motivate, educate and enhance each member’s experience. Through developing a rapport with members, the Health & Fitness Instructor fosters a commitment to their improved health and wellbeing.
• You will have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a diverse range of customers in age, culture, fitness
histories and other backgrounds
• Specialist injury management knowledge (e.g. medical conditions, disabilities) will be highly regarded
• Minimum of 12-months relevant experience
Mandatory Pre-Requisite Qualifications
• SIS30315 – Certificate III in Fitness or approved equivalent
• SIS40215 - Certificate IV in Fitness or approved equivalent (completed or working towards
• Current Fitness Australia Registration, or approved equivalent
• HLTAID001 or HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
• HLTAID003 or HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
• 20 Continuing Education Credits (CECs) every two years, in order to maintain your accredited Fitness Industry registration
All candidates will be required to undertake background and probity checks including Reference Checks, a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
In keeping with current Victorian health directions it is a requirement that staff attending our facilities are fully vaccinated. Please be aware that you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
About the Y
At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 6,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
At the YMCA, we value our people. Working for us means you’ll enjoy great work/life balance and a range of benefits which improve your wellbeing and help you develop as an individual, such as: