25th May, 2021
Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
We are looking for an experienced gardener to join our Dunedin team on a full time, permanent basis. Delta has a large greenspace team who prides themselves on their high standard of work and being a positive and progressive team.
Tasks include Ornamental and Amenity styled gardening, chemical application, loose litter collection, hard surface maintenance (blowing / clearing / spraying), and other tasks. This position involves working independently as well as part of a team to maintain green spaces in Dunedin to a high standard.
We are looking for someone experienced in this field, ideally with qualifications in horticulture and chemical application but would be willing to train the right applicant.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Is experienced in gardening, spraying and landscaping;
- Has a good knowledge of plants;
- Is proficient in the use of a range of gardening power tools;
- Enjoys working outside and is prepared to be flexible about hours of work;
- Is self-motivated, works hard and uses their initiative;
- Can be relied upon to work unsupervised in a safe and efficient manner;
- Works well in a team and can interact with members of the public in a positive and constructive manner;
- Has a current and clean drivers license.
Qualifications such as level 3 or 4 Horticulture/Gardener Certificates and Growsafe Certificates are desirable, however consideration will be given to applicants who have relevant experience and the required attributes above. What’s on offer:
- A role where you can be challenged and supported
- Extra contribution to Kiwisaver after your first year
- Commitment to safety, to make sure everyone gets home- every day
- Recognition for excellence and demonstrating Delta’s values
- Wellness programmes, team activities, and social clubs
- Professional development, training, and courses
- Corporate Social Responsibility programmes and initiatives
- A competitive remuneration package with all gear and equipment provided
- Joining a progressive and reputable South Island organization
If this sounds like you, and you have the ability to work independently, and will exhibit tidy and methodical work practices, we want to hear from you. Apply now!
Applications close 22 June, 2021 Please note that only candidates with a current and valid work visa in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit www.thinkdelta.co.nz. Check out our employees at work in the World’s Best Office at http://www.theworldsbestoffice.com/.
Apply For Job