21st September, 2022
Pacific People Solutions are pleased to be working with the team at Alpha HPA, an ASX listed company, to source a Permanent Part-time Accounts Payable Officer for their corporate office located in Murrarie, 10km east of Brisbane CBD.
This exciting new role will suit a motivated and highly organised individual who will be willing to roll up their sleeves in order to get things done. You will be working as part of a low environmental impact sustainable business, committed to supporting decarbonisation technologies with their innovative refining process.
As the Accounts Payable Officer you will report directly to the Senior Financial & Management Accountant and will be responsible for the following:
- Accounts payable processing- aproximately 100 invoices per week
- Responding to supplier queries
- Vendor statement reconciliations, filing & maintaining vendor records
- Checking and verifying invoices
- Accounts payable shared inbox management
- Expense claims processing, verifying underlying documents and GST treatment of each expense.
- Purchase orders coding review and advice on best practice to the wider team
- Perform reclassifications through journaling, when required due to errors
- Prepare payment and post related journals to the general and vendor ledgers
- Credit Card statement reconciliations
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives
- Assist training sessions
- Liaise with the wider finance & operations teams to provide quality internal customer service
- Other ad hoc duties associated with assisting the finance team
Initially this role will be offered on a permanent part-time basis, 3 days per week with the potential to extend to 4 or 5 days per week in 2023.
As the successful candidate you will need at least 2+ years previous experience in a similar role as well as being extremely organized & willing to work in a small team. ABOUT Alpha HPA
Alpha HPA Production Facility is the application of the company’s licensed Smart SX technology to produce a range of high purity aluminium products, most notably their Ultra High Purity Alumina, Ultra High Purity Precursors and Ultra Boehmite.
These products will provide the raw materials used by leading decarbonisation growth industries including LED lighting and lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles.
This exciting start-up has almost completed construction of Stage 1 the $30M Precursor Production Facility (PPF) in Gladstone. Stage 2, the large-scale $300M HPA production plant (pending approval) is due to come online in the next few years.
The current operation is a scaled model demonstration facility based in Murarrie, in Brisbane, and has many hours of operation where the team have been fine tuning the hydrometallurgical process.
Alpha HPA plans to produce 10,000 tonnes of HPA equivalent annually in Gladstone once the commercial facility is fully operational.That's just what we do, this is who we are:
- We’re a team of collaborators and hard workers who look out for one another. Everyone is encouraged to challenge and contribute to the way we work.
- We’re a company that’s investing in improving our community through the way we operate.
- We’re a group of leaders who listen and act. We want to make sure our employees can create a better life for themselves and their families.
- But most of all, we’re agents in a culture of continuous improvement. We are always looking to improve.
If this sounds like a culture you would want to be a part of, we would be really pleased to receive your application via the link below.
Alternatively, should you wish to discuss this role in more detail please call Margaret O’Malley
at Pacific People Solutions on 07 3518 8722.
Apply For Job