05th February, 2021
Pacific People Solutions, on behalf of our client Nyrstar, have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Projects Planner to provide a project planning and scheduling function to the Capital/Engineering projects team.
Key responsibilities will include:
The Successful applicant will have:
- Develop and define project goals and objectives;
- Monitor and analyse project effectiveness using qualitative and quantitative tools;
- Recommend and implement modifications to improve effectiveness and attain project milestones;
- Plan, coordinate and monitor activities of assigned projects to develop and implement procedures, processes and systems;
- Educate employees in methods to ensure project continuity and completeness.
- Develop detailed task lists and work effort assessment;
- Prepare short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from all key players and team members;
- Oversee schedules and risk management plans and provide serious deviations warnings hindering project results;
- Identify changes in work scope in the project plan;
- Ensure to take appropriate planning measures with all clients to reassess, renegotiate and amend scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts and budgets;
- Ensure to convey required project data and information to project teams;
- Prepare and present regular internal and external project reports for management;
- Evaluate and analyse with team risks and issues compromising project results and develop plans to mitigate them;
- Lead development of baseline schedule and support Project Manager (PM) in Integrated Baseline Review (IBR); and
- Gather actual data, update project schedule and develop reliable schedule forecast with support from project team.
Nyrstar and the region:
- Degree or certificate in a related field;
- Hands on experience on using project planning tool like MS Projects etc;
- 2+ years of experience working with project planning;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and quality management systems;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and public speaking skills;
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills; and
- Strong organisational skills.
Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long-term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Visit www.nyrstar.com
This role is based at Nyrstar’s operations in the city of Port Pirie, South Australia. A seaport located on the east coast of the Upper Spencer Gulf, 220km north of Adelaide.
The Port Pirie smelting operations have undergone a significant capital investment over recent years and will be at the forefront of lead and polymetallic smelting operations. This is an exciting time to join this dynamic organisation.
Port Pirie proudly regards itself as the ‘city of friendly people’ and enjoys a relaxed lifestyle, with unspoilt surroundings. Port Pirie is close to beaches, the stunning Flinders Rangers and Mount Remarkable National Park. With state and private education, an enviable plethora of sporting facilities and clubs, affordable housing and a 10-minute commute to work; it’s easy to have a great lifestyle in Port Pirie.
Port Pirie has the services of a city in a hospitable and welcoming country town environment. This is an opportunity for you to become part of a community who knows your name and cares, you’ll never look back. Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within the workforce. We encourage female applicants. Nyrstar Port Pirie is a non-smoking site. Thank you for your interest in applying for a position at Nyrstar.
Apply For Job