04th September, 2020
Pacific People Solutions, on behalf of our client Nyrstar, have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Category Leads (CAPEX).
The Category Lead will report into the Regional Manager Procurement for Australia. Both roles will be supporting the development, implementation and management of strategies to provide Nyrstar with optimal supply assurance, pricing, flexibility, quality and delivery performance.
The Category Lead will be required to build and leverage strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and key suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met and ensuring alignment with procurement strategies and objectives.
They will work toward good supplier relationships and total costs of ownership to achieve maximum advantage for Nyrstar.
Key responsibilities will include:
The Successful applicant will have:
- Support and drive the development and implementation of sound Category Strategies that will deliver safety, productivity, cost and quality optimisation, ensuring stakeholder alignment at all levels;
- Implement effective source to contract processes (e.g. market research and analysis, requirements definition, sourcing strategy, contract terms risk analysis, drafting, negotiations, and execution, implementation and management of sound commercial agreements);
- Provide leadership in contracting processes, developing contract competencies and ensuring staff comply with policies and procedures relating to procurement under the contracts;
- Run effective contract management processes (e.g. contracts portfolio management, contract performance management, contract terms risk management);
- Develop a good operational and commercial understanding of assigned categories and contracts;
- Manage interaction with key suppliers, ensure agreed preferred suppliers’ category agreements are in place, lead renegotiations or engagement of new suppliers ensuring excellent commercial outcomes; and
- Drive continuous improvement within Procurement and, as applicable, the wider business;
- Tertiary qualification and requisite Category Management expertise.
- Significant experience in Procurement / Supply Chain function.
- High level of business, contractual and financial literacy.
- Results oriented, with strong commercial acumen.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills with strong customer-centric focus.
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and conducting supplier negotiations.
- Strong planning and analytical skills – Project Management qualification desired, not essential.
- High level professional communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Experienced with SAP.
This role is based at Nyrstar’s operations in the city of Port Pirie, South Australia. A seaport located on the east coast of the Upper Spencer Gulf, 220km north of Adelaide. This role will require you to live in Port Pirie or the surrounding district. A relocation package will be available. Nyrstar and Port Pirie region:
Nyrstar is a global multi-metals business, with a market leading position in zinc and lead and growing positions in other base and precious metals. Nyrstar has mining, smelting and other operations located in Europe, the Americas and Australia and employs over 4,000 people. The company’s global operations are located close to key customers and major transport hubs to facilitate delivery of raw materials and distribution of finished products. In August 2019, Nyrstar’s operating business became majority owned by Trafigura, a market leader in the global commodities industry, providing a stable long-term platform for its marketing leading operations worldwide. Visit www.nyrstar.com
The Port Pirie smelting operations have undergone a significant capital investment over recent years and will be at the forefront of lead and polymetallic smelting operations. This is an exciting time to join this dynamic organisation.
Port Pirie proudly regards itself as the ‘city of friendly people’ and enjoys a relaxed lifestyle, with unspoilt surroundings. Port Pirie is close to beaches, the stunning Flinders Rangers and Mount Remarkable National Park. With state and private education, an enviable plethora of sporting facilities and clubs, affordable housing and a 10-minute commute to work; it’s easy to have a great lifestyle in Port Pirie.
Port Pirie has the services of a city in a hospitable and welcoming country town environment. This is an opportunity for you to become part of a community who knows your name and cares, you’ll never look back. Please note you must have valid rights to work in Australia. Nyrstar is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within the workforce. We encourage female applicants. Nyrstar Port Pirie is a non-smoking site.
Apply For Job