Are you looking for a great trade job? Do you like working with your hands and building things? This could be the job for you!
My Gateway has an exciting opportunity for a carpentry apprentice with a leading Australian multi-disciplinary construction company. Our client will consider 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year apprentices.
Specialising in complex construction across all sectors, including infrastructure and marine works. Our client has four decades of trusted local experience and partnerships with the BESIX Group international skills, they bring the best of the world’s capability together.
As part of this apprenticeship you will gain a Certificate III in Carpentry - CPC30220, learn on-the-job skills and experience and be paid top apprentice rates!
Description/Summary of tasks:
- Learn construction management on a large commercial project.
- Work directly with sub-contractors from all trades to develop an understanding of how they perform work on the project.
- Use a range of power tools (mostly battery) including drill, impact driver, circular saw and recipro saw.
- Learn WHS system and understand principal contractor and sub-contractors roles and responsibilities.
- Carry out trade related work e.g. install handrails, cover penetrations, carry materials, measure and cut materials.
Desire to pursue a supervisory career path. Confident communicator. Leadership potential. Comfortable with taking responsibility. Prepared to work 6 days per week. Not looking to be house builder or a 'hands'-on' craftsman.
A Driver's licence and white card is essential for these roles.
Ideally you will live close to the City or North Sydney.
What’s in it for you when you become a My Gateway apprentice?