22nd November, 2022
My Gateway has multiple opportunities available for 1st year bricklaying apprentices!
As part of these apprenticeships you will learn skills and experience and gain a Certificate III in Bricklaying and Blocklaying at TAFE.
About our clients:
1. Our first client is based in Ingleburn and has been an integral part of the construction industry for over 35 years, specialising in commercial masonry and propriety walling systems. They began as a small family business in the 1960's and have since grown to become one of the largest bricklaying contractors in NSW.
The work will include:
2. Our second client
- Commercial and cottage buildings.
- Working with and assisting tradespeople.
- Laying bricks and blocks.
- Mixing mortar.
- Labouring and clean-up work.
- Using brick saw.
- Using hand and power tools.
- Setting up form work.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Applying WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry.
- Carry out measurements and calculations.
- Construct masonry steps and stairs.
- Operate elevated work platforms.
- Ad hoc tasks relating to the industry.
is based in Lidcombe and specialise in brick and block laying as well as masonry work. You will be working on large construction sites including Sydney metro stations, hospitals, multi unit residential buildings, schools, universities, churches and civil construction.
Some of the duties may include:
Our clients are looking for someone who:
- Mixing cement.
- Setting out.
- Reading plans.
- Laying bricks and blocks.
- Keeping the site clean and safe.
- Is physically fit and strong, and not afraid to get dirty.
- Is prepared to travel to sites all over Sydney.
- Is able to work at heights.
- Doesn't mind early starts.
- Is able to follow instructions and be prepared for feedback from their supervisor.
A white card and driver's licence are essential for these roles.What’s in it for you when you become a My Gateway apprentice?
- You could be eligible for up to $5000 in Government subsidies.
- Eligible apprentices have access to interest-free loans totalling up to $20,000.
- Discounts from hundreds of leading retailers including electronics, entertainment, technology, fashion, travel, sports and more.
- Discounted rego, gym membership, movie tickets and public transport travel.
- Access to our free, confidential counselling services.
- You could also be eligible to receive concessions and discounts for cheaper medicines, energy and electricity bills, health care costs including ambulance, dental and eye care.
- Weekly pay.
- Four weeks PAID holiday leave each year.
- A dedicated mentor to support you through your entire apprenticeship.
Don't miss this exciting opportunity, APPLY NOW!
Please note, Only suitable applicants will be contacted.
For other Traineeship & Apprenticeship opportunities available with My Gateway visit our website www.mygateway.org.au & go to our Find a Job page.
Apply For Job