A unique and fantastic opportunity to grow your skills, try something new and gain a qualification whist working alongside industry professionals!
My Gateway and host Camden Council have a new opportunity for someone interested in working outdoors. This is a 12 month traineeship where you complete a Certificate II in Conservation & Land Management.
As a 'Natural Areas Trainee', you have a unique and fantastic opportunity to grow your skills, try something new and gain a qualification whist working alongside industry professional!
During your on the job training, some of the tasks you will be required to complete include:
• Complete maintenance activities and requested:
- Bush regeneration, riparian area, aquatic vegetation, weed control, constructed stormwater systems, litter removals, dumped rubbish
• Assist with supervision of community groups and volunteers
• Maintenance equipment operation:
- Safely and proficiently; drive trucks and utilities, tow trailers and operate small area mowers, small plant, and equipment used in open space maintenance
• Undertake daily minor maintenance of plant and equipment
• Identify and report hazards and participate in risk assessments
• General ADHOC duties
To be considered for this role, you must have:
• A strong customer focus which is accurate, timely and courteous
• Display Councils Corporate Core Values of Leadership, Innovation, Partnership, Commitment and Customer Focus.
• Driver's licence
• The ability to work overtime when required
• Ability and willingness to work in a range of outdoor weather conditions
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.