We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in the automotive industry to join our client as a Heavy Vehicle Apprentice
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in the automotive industry to join our client as a Heavy Vehicle Apprentice.
This opportunity will be for a 1st or 2nd year apprentice looking to start ASAP. As a part of this apprenticeship, you will complete a Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle.
This position is located in Smeaton Grange.
- Learn to diagnose and repair diesel engines, gearboxes and exhaust systems
- Learn to diagnose and repair heavy commercial vehicle steering systems and suspension
- Learn to diagnose and repair heavy vehicle air over hydraulic braking systems
- Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles
- Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- Remove, inspect and refit heavy vehicle wheel and tyre assemblies
- Select and use bearings, seals, gaskets, sealants and adhesives
- Inspect and service suspension systems
- Attending all Tafe classes and completing required units
- Assisting the qualified tradesmen as directed
- Use of workshop machinery and hand tools
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- General ADHOC duties
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Valid White card
- Must have pre-apprenticeship experience
- Ability to follow instructions and work as a part of a team
- Willingness to learn
- Up to date most recent school report
- A can-do attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Working towards obtaining or currently hold a driver's licence
What's in it for you?
* WEEKLY pay
* No training costs involved
* Career progression
* Opportunity to become a qualified tradesperson
* Excellent working conditions
* Tool allowance
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.