My Gateway is looking for an enthusiastic and hard working individual who is interested in completing a Certificate III in Civil Construction.
My Gateway partnered with Bayside Council are currently looking for an enthusiastic and hard working individual who is interested in completing a Certificate III in Civil Construction.
About My Gateway: My Gateway has been employing apprentices and trainees across NSW for over 30 years. With over 300 apprentices and trainees currently employed in all areas from business administration, information technology to construction, electrical, horticulture, heavy vehicle and engineering roles, My Gateway is a safe and secure way to ensure that you will be provided with the correct pay, necessary training, qualifications and ongoing support throughout your traineeship/apprenticeship.
This is a 3 year apprenticeship with the potential to stay on with Council as a qualified tradesperson (subject to the availability of a position and being successful in a recruitment process). The work is all based with Bayside Council and local candidates are encouraged to apply.
The teams work on a variety of road and civil construction and maintenance activities, including road re-construction, drainage, concreting, asphalting and environmental works. Throughout the apprenticeship, you will get experience working in all of these areas.
Some of the tasks you MAY be required to undertake in association with the construction and maintenance activities include:
- Vehicle driving & plant operation
- Loading & unloading of trucks and plant (including tippers)
- Assisting with set-out, levelling, formwork, concreting, pavement construction, pit building, pipe laying etc.
- Traffic control set up, and
- General labouring duties
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for someone who has or is close to having their licence
- Must have a passion for the industry and prepared to work outdoors
- Someone who is mature minded and is familiar with road rules
- Local candidates are encouraged to apply
- We need someone who is reliable, flexible and physically capable of doing a labour intensive job
* Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply
* Applications close Friday 3rd December 2021
Please see video for more information:
Only suitable applicants will be contacted.