My Gateway is looking for a hard working individual who is interested in completing an Engineering (Welding/Fabrication) Apprenticeship.
My Gateway partnered with Bayside Council are currently looking for an enthusiastic and hard working individual who is interested in completing an Engineering (Welding/Fabrication)Apprenticeship.
About My Gateway: My Gateway has been employing apprentices and trainees across NSW for over 30 years. With over 300 apprentices and trainees currently employed in all areas from business administration, information technology to construction, electrical, horticulture, heavy vehicle and engineering roles, My Gateway is a safe and secure way to ensure that you will be provided with the correct pay, necessary training, qualifications and ongoing support throughout your traineeship/apprenticeship.
As part of the four year apprenticeship you will combine on the job learning and complete a Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade (Heavy Fabrication).
There are not many opportunities like this! This is not just your normal welding/fabrication role, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple areas of the council and local community on many different projects. No 2 days will be the same!
The work is all based in the Bayside Council local candidates are encouraged to apply.
During your on the job training, some of the tasks you will be required to complete will include:
- Assist and learn in council's metal Welding/Fabrication both in the boilermaker workshop and onsite.
- Split work 50/50 between both heavy plant truck bodies and fabrication with both truck body repairs, backhoe parts and attachment repair and modification, tractors, mowers, sweepers, compactors etc.
- Property and facility steel maintenance works eg gates, fences manufacture, repairs and installation, stormwater trash rack manufacture, repair and installation
- Manufacture of various cages for vandal proofing, bin and street furniture repairs
- General ADHOC duties
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Ability to follow instructions
- Willingness to learn
- Passion for the trade
* Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply
* Applications close Friday 3rd December 2021
Please see video for more information:
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.