About the Position:
We’re looking for a dynamic and highly organised people person to support, mentor and coach our apprentices and trainees through to successful completion of their training.
With time split between being on the road visiting clients, apprentices and trainees in their workplaces and in the office keeping it all glued together, there’s loads of variety, satisfaction and autonomy to be enjoyed.
This role coordinates the whole Vocational Education and Training process together by maintaining the link between My Gateway, its apprentices & trainees, paying clients (host employers), TAFE, RTOs and the school and local communities. Why this company?
We're a dynamic and close knit team that's passionate about giving young people the opportunity to get started in their chosen career via an apprenticeship or traineeship. We recruit and directly employ over 200 school leavers every year who we then place with our clients for training and skill development.
We're looking for a well organised, self-starter to support and manage a caseload of apprentices and trainees and service the host employers that they are place with for training.
The Field Officer will play a vital role in our business to; deliver increased retention and completion of apprentice and trainees, provide great customer service to all stakeholders, build and maintain relationships with schools to generate a supply of job candidates and to list new job vacancies through continuous business development. Job tasks and responsibilities:
Do you have?
- Increase the number of school leavers applying for apprentice and trainee positions with My Gateway by developing and maintaining relationships with schools
- Provide comprehensive pastoral care to apprentices and trainee
- Counsel employees on unsatisfactory performance
- Manage employee terminations in accordance with policy and legislation
- Liaise with RTOs to monitor learner progress and the quality of training being delivered
- Promote the Company and the VET system to school, parent and employer communities
There's a Lot to Like:
- At least 2 yrs experience in any of the VET sector, an RTO or recruitment/human resources role
- The internal drive to manage yourself and deliver results
- Excellent written and spoken language skills
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office
- Satisfy all requirements of Working With Children and Police Checks
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- HR qualifications well regarded
- Current drivers licence with clean driving record
Job benefits and perks:
- Sense of purpose- we employ and support the apprentices and trainees all the way through to graduation. We succeed when they do.
- We're not a recruitment agency- we're a successful Group Training Organisation (GTO) with 35 years expertise in the apprenticeship system
- Attractive salary
- Company Car provided
- Mobile phone provided
- Salary Packaging options
- Bright, modern office in Campbelltown
- Variety - diverse range of industries
Not only do you get to work for a successful, fun and creative team who are passionate about Apprenticeships and Traineeships we also need to mention you get, loads of autonomy. You even get one (1) RDO per month, a Health and Wellbeing day, flexible working hours and a day off for your birthday.If you're passionate about the Vocational Education and Training Industry and are ambitious and driven and are ready for a new challenge we would love to hear from you.
For more information contact Adam on 0419 025 013.
Apply direct via SEEK with a cover letter and resume.
Applications close February 24 2019