Why this company?
We're a dynamic and close knit team that's passionate about giving young people the opportunity to get started in their chosen career via an Apprenticeship or Traineeship.
My Gateway has been employing apprentices and trainees across NSW for over 35 years. With over 230 apprentices and trainees currently employed for training and skill development in all areas from business administration, information technology to construction, electrical, horticulture, heavy vehicle and engineering roles. About the Opportunity:
The WHS Coordinator will join the My Gateway team and have the primary role to implement and drive the overall WHS strategy across the organisation. You will be instrumental in ensuring that all safety programs are aligned to the overall business operations. The WHS Coordinator role plays a pivotal role in ensuring the safety of our apprentices/trainees and staff. Job tasks and responsibilities:
Do you have?
- Implement an Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Maintain risk management processes and controls across all areas of the business
- Support continuous development and improvement of the IMS through regular audits and reviews, ensuring compliance with current Codes of Practice & legislation
- Maintain accurate data in business systems for procedures including reporting and investigation, site safety assessments, first aid, emergency management and PPE
- Ensure all safety, quality and environmental responsibilities across the business are consulted with key stakeholders
- Focus on the primary role of managing the compliance of quality, safety and environmental systems in accordance with legislation, contractual and client requirements.
- Facilitation of third party accreditation audits conducted by certifying bodies
- Conduct on site audits
- Conduct accident investigations and produce report to CEO
- Design and deliver industry specific toolbox talks
- Conduct and manage internal audit programmes and incident investigations
- Manage all corrective actions within timelines
- Manage all onsite WHS requirements
- Carry out all WHS inductions
- Liaising with all stakeholders to keep all relevant parties fully updated at all times
- Ensure all legal and contractual requirements of all works in progress until completion are adhered to at all time
- Effective client relationship building
- Work closely with the WHS Return to Work Coordinator to ensure risk mitigation and return to work processes
- Drive the WHS committee to achieve their objectives, e.g. discipline (meeting, members and structure), hazard register review and risk rating reduction
There's a Lot to Like:
- WHS qualifications (tertiary level) Cert IV in WH&S is a must
- Extensive on the job experience in a WHS/Compliance role
- Professionally presented with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of state legislation such as work health and safety and application within a variety of industries
- High level of planning and organisational skills
- Analytical thinker with a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to proactively manage stakeholders expectations
- The ability to able to juggle competing priorities whilst meeting deadlines
- The internal drive to manage yourself and deliver results
- Excellent written and spoken language skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Be able to satisfy all requirements of Working With Children and Police Checks
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Current drivers licence with clean driving record
- At least 2 years' experience in the VET sector would be desirable
Job benefits and perks
- Sense of purpose- we employ and support the Apprentices and Trainees all the way through to graduation. We succeed when they do.
- We're not a recruitment agency- we're a successful Group Training Organisation (GTO) with 35 years' expertise in the Apprenticeship system
- Attractive salary
- Company Car provided
- Mobile phone provided
- Salary Packaging options
- Bright, modern office in Campbelltown
- Variety - diverse range of industries
Not only do you get to work for a successful, fun and creative team who are passionate about Apprenticeships and Traineeships we also need to mention you get, loads of autonomy. You even get one 1 RDO per month ( pro rata for part time employees), a Health and Wellbeing day, flexible working hours and a day off for your birthday.
For more information contact Shelley on 0400 085 544
Apply direct via SEEK with a cover letter and resume.
Closing date: Close of Business: February 22 2019