15th June, 2022
An experienced HR Manager who can be based from home and comes with both international & company acquisition experience is wanted by an established and expanding group, who work across various markets including Aerospace, Military, FM, M&E, Lighting, Electronics and more. This position is initially a 12 month fixed term contract and comes with a retention bonus at the end of those 12 months and also a potential option for a permanent contract at the end of that time too. The position will see you actively involved in all HR functions across the group with a focus on Integration, Tupe, transitional chance & acquisitions that the group look to make over the next 12 months. You will be responsible and carrying out the day to day HR transactional work, with the support from the group HR Manager, whilst also actively pushing forward with the group wide strategy
The Role will require you to;
Experience & Skills Required
- To be the first point of contact for all HR related queries providing expert advice and guidance to managers and staff.
- To develop and lead all HR related strategic and cultural change projects.
- To ensure any acquisitions are made smoothly from a HR perspective and integration and Tupe are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- To provide expert HR advice guidance and support in HR related meetings to ensure compliance with policies and procedures across the group.
- To work closely with the Group Directors on future HR strategy across the group on a regular basis.
- Attend Head office meetings in Kent when required.
- Also attend meetings across other areas of the UK with group directors as the business requires.
- To ensure that all HR policies, procedures and practices support the fair, robust and consistent management of all aspects of staff performance (including attendance, conduct and capability) and comply with UK, relevant EU legislation & the relevant International Law too.
- To conduct reviews of HR policies and procedures as required and ensure the Employee Handbook is up to date and available to staff, along with policies and procedures.
- To lead and monitor the company appraisal process and support coaching and mentoring initiatives.
- To keep up to date with all employment law and relevant legislation and amend policies and procedures as necessary both in the UK and overseas.
- To prepare and deliver briefings and presentations for department heads and managers on key HR issues, including coaching and support to management as required on HR matters.
- To monitor absence levels and take action / support management action as required.
- To manage TUPE requirements with regard to external and internal contractors/employees.
- To be involved in matters that impact the health and wellbeing of staff.
- To assist the managers across the group with the recruitment, liaison with recruitment partners, retention and progression processes for the company and monitor performance with regard to equality and diversity legislative compliance
- To identify, support and implement pay and recognition policies and processes are applied consistently and properly reflect the contribution made by the individual.
- To liaise with the Health and Safety Manager to ensure the needs of staff and the company are considered in all aspects of business undertakings and to the support claims management process when accidents have occurred.
- To implement appropriate performance indicators and performance management practices to ensure robust management and control.
- To ensure accurate job analysis and creation of role profiles takes place to support recruitment and performance management within the company. To consult properly and facilitate changes to employment contracts as required.
- Prepare reports, statistics and employment information for presentation to the Board and Senior Management Team including making recommendations and developing action plans.
- Undertake any other duties, projects etc. that are commensurate with the nature, level and responsibility of this role as necessary for the achievement of the company’s objectives
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
What's on Offer
- Experience of working in an international business & overseas HR knowledge of UK, USA & also ideally Europe.
- Outstanding knowledge of employment law and HR good practice across these countries.
- Experience of managing all HR related matters to company acquisitions, integration & Tupe related matters.
- Good knowledge of management and leadership styles with an ability to coach and mentor, HR & other individuals that are in senior positions in the company.
- Understanding of pay and reward, retention and progression HR strategies, policies and procedures
- HR Generalist experience.
- Provision of proactive and reactive HR services in a multi-country organisation.
- Leading joint consultation work, business restructure, redundancy and TUPE
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to build working relationships at all levels in the company
- Good management skills, with open and engaging leadership style and ability to negotiate, influence or direct as required to achieve company objectives.
- Confidence and ability to deal with strong individuals in the workplace.
- Ability to coach, mentor, direct or advise managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Proven ability to develop, plan and implement strategic HR projects.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Direction and supervision of the work of others.
- Excellent decision making, time management and work planning ability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and proven ability to research and prepare management reports.
- Good IT skills and ability to use software e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
The company is a well established and backed group of companies that is continuing to grow, both in the UK and overseas. It is an exciting opportunity and time to come into this group to help lead the HR strategy and day to day operations across the group for the next 12 months with the opportunity to potentially then into a full time long term option at the end of this initial FTC, which holds a retention bonus for completion & working from home when you are not required to attend meetings in Head office in person or other potential sites across the UK. In addition to helping streamline the organisations HR functions and acquisitions, you will be able to make a real difference across the business, helping to achieve their long term and short-term plans. You will be a key figure in helping this all run smoothly, carve out a potential long-term position within the group and earn a good basis salary and benefits package along the way. This position being a key position within the business also offers Car Allowance, pension and more. Salary:-
£55,000 - £60,000 + Retention Bonus, Car Allowance, Pension & More Location:-
Flexible home working with travel to Kent & occasional UK travel at times too Company:-
The organisation work across various industries including the FM, M&E, Electronics, defence, aerospace, industrial, finance, transport, telecoms, and space industries. Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.
Apply For Job