10th January, 2022
The Head of Financial Accounts will support the Deputy Director of Finance to deliver an efficient and effective support focused finance service and deputise as required. They will line manage the Income and Credit Control Officer and the Accounts Payable and Payroll Officer. S/he will provide oversight and responsibility for all ledgers and drive efficient working capital management. With responsibility for the preparation of draft statutory financial statements, both UK and US, and other statistical and tax returns. They will provide advice, guidance and support to the senior management on a range of accounting and legislative matters. The post holder will also support the Head of FP&A and Policy, and lead on the technical implications of planned system and process developments. The Interim Head of FA will attend meetings as delegated by the Deputy Director of Finance and jointly deputise with the Head of FP&A in the absence of the Deputy Director of Finance.
General overview of tasks will involve;
Experience & Skills Required
- To manage the team to ensure appropriate support for both income and payments.
- Ensure that all legislative requirements are met with regard to all aspects of company law, accounting rules and guidelines and advise and inform the leadership of the Group of changes and implications of changes to legislation.
- Prepare draft annual statutory consolidated Financial Statements and through liaison with external auditors ensure controls are in place and accounts are reconciled to deliver a clean audit each year.
- Be responsible for the treasury function of the Educational Institute. This includes ensuring that all cash balances work to achieve the best possible returns for the Group. It will involve providing advice, recommendations and guidance that is compliant with the Treasury Policy and to include management and reporting on the liquidity of the Group on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for the Procurement Function of the University; ensuring that all contracts are tendered for and awarded within the Financial Regulations of the University and meet all external legislative requirements ensuring that best value is achieved for the University Group;
- Review and authorise the monthly payroll process, working with the Payments Officer and HR in maintaining an efficient service. Provision of cover for payroll requirements, where necessary;
- Adhere to and promote the University’s health and safety policies and procedures;
- Undertake additional duties and responsibilities, as required by the Deputy Director of Finance and creation of other adhoc analysis and reports as requested by the Director of Finance.
What's on Offer
- Track record of success in a similar role and demonstrable career progression within a finance function.
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or fully qualified to an equivalent professional level with another relevant awarding body or through experience).
- Sound commercial awareness.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly developed analytical skills.
- In depth knowledge of financial accounting processes and procedures.
- Experience of preparing consolidated financial statements and achieving clean audits.
- Experience of providing a procurement service within a complex set of rules and regulations.
- Experience of working to ensure financial controls are robust and fully implemented.
- Experience of working with non-financial managers and helping them to develop their knowledge and understanding of the financial environment they operate in.
- Experience of preparation and review of VAT, Tax and other legislative compliant returns.
- Ability to consider wider impact of decisions, assessing possible outcomes and their likelihood, challenging decisions appropriately to ensure consideration and processes are robust.
- Ability to converse and be credible at all levels within and across an organisation, with strong written and verbal presentation and influencing skills.
- Commitment to ongoing personal development.
- Experienced in achieving SLA’s, identifying gaps against standards, and implementing improvement solutions.
- Highly resilient, responsive and proactive, able to adapt to daily changes in workload and areas of focus.
- Excellent communication skills including preparing and delivering presentations.
- Excellent expert working knowledge of MS products in particular Excel but also competent in Word, PowerPoint and confident in navigating and utilising IT and accountancy software.
- Sound problem solving skills and analytical thinking with demonstrable experience of delivering actions plans to resolve issues and remedy disputes.
- Previous experience working in the education sector would also be desirable but not essential.
Working within this organisation, you will enjoy the benefits that come with working in the education sector, whilst still enjoying a close nit working team. The security and benefits that also come with this are certainly generous as is the opportunity for potential further career progression within the organisation too. You will receive a great basic salary plus the opportunity to really develop department, moving it forward, in addition to the other benefits also that are included with the role.Head of Financial Accounts Salary :-
c£55k Base + 17% pension, 33 Days Hols & More Location :-
Hybrid Working – Home working & 2/3 days Richmond with relocation to Chiswick by June Company:-
The organisation are an educational institute with various sites in the UK and the USA, delivering numerous courses and qualifications around various fields. Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.
Apply For Job