06th January, 2022
A strategic Sales Manager based from home ideally living local to Northants, Bucks, Beds and Midlands and will involve working across your region which is the Midlands and North of the UK as well as some working from the office too is wanted by a longstanding Test & Measurement organisation. As the Business Development Manager / Sales Manager you will be responsible for identification, development and conversion of new sales leads, the professional presentation of our complete portfolio with a focus on Test & Measurement equipment to new and existing clients and developing and maintaining solid relationships with prospective new contacts and existing clients. Additionally, the role will hold a Product Manager responsibility for all RF Shielding / Chamber / Filter type business opportunities regardless of geographical location. You will be working across & selling into a range of blue-chip clients within critical infrastructure environments such as defence, aerospace, industrial, finance, broadcast, power, transport, telecoms, and space sectors. Going forward this role will also evolve into overseeing the existing sales team across the business both internal and external, providing a management support function and eventually taking full sales operational ownership for this business within the group.
Experience & Skills Required
- The position will be responsible for managing the full sales cycle from lead generation, qualifying business opportunities, creating & delivering sales presentations. Creating sales proposals, negotiating and closing deals across the Test & Measurement full product range in the business and also going forward the RF Shielding Product portfolio too.
- Develop customer relationships for long term success/repeat business.
- Account Manage all customer requirements & order books in liaison with Internal support function.
- Identify opportunities to grow business with existing clients.
- Strategic selling and business development.
- Lead pro-active sales effort across own territory for the T&M product range.
- Own a portfolio of key accounts.
- Telephone appointing and ability to fill own diary with prospect and customer visits.
- Implement and execute sales campaigns and activity in target market areas / sectors.
- Increase customer engagement to explore for new opportunities in existing customer base.
- Prepare presentations, tenders, proposals, quotations and sales contracts.
- Developing and executing strategic plans to achieve sales targets through the creation and maintenance of key account plans for agreed strategic accounts within territory.
- Gain a sure knowledge base of the wider groups product and proactively sell these within across the territory.
- Going forward the role will have you leading and motivating the sales teams to develop customer relations, increase market share and sales revenue.
- Monitoring supply and demand, competitor offers and costs to determine and adjust selling prices.
- Analysing market trends and results to determine annual unit and gross-profit plans.
- Overall sales negotiator and main point of contact for all orders / contracts, reviewing T&C's and other commercial activities.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Regular travel within UK & I to visit customers and partners.
- Ability to present to customers and principals.
- Product champion.
- Contribute to Department/Team/Business unit
- Team player who will facilitate across the business and wider group teams.
- Ability to translate complex technical aspects to a non-technical audience.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
What's on Offer
- Knowledge of the Test & Measurement market
- An understanding or appreciation of RF Shielding would also be ideal
- Excellent client liaison & negotiation skills.
- Previous Sales or Team Management experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated & persistent
- Hungry to succeed in winning new business and sales focussed.
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Ability to identify and sell a wider group delivery and support to clients.
- Experience managing a large territory and working from a virtual office.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively within the midlands & north of the UK as well as work from the office when required.
This is a position that will see the right individual take on a warm region and accounts and being able to earn from those at the very start, whilst then looking to win & build up new business going forward. There is the opportunity to earn un-capped commission, commission from selling wider group products and introductions, whilst also receiving car allowance and further great company benefits which include, 9% pension, 25 days hols + bank holidays, Fitness Benefit, Self-choice volunteering days. In addition to all of this the position will also see the right individual really further their career, in the very near future, through taking on the responsibility of managing the rest of the sales team and operations across the UK for this company. Salary :-
c£50k base + Uncapped Commission, Car or Car Allowance, 9% pension, 25 days hols + bank holidays, Fitness Benefit, Self-choice volunteering days. Location :-
Home Based around the Northants, Beds, Bucks, Midlands region covering - The Midlands and North region Company:-
The organisation deliver design, specification and distribution of specialist electronic components and systems, lighting technologies and connectivity products, working across various industries including the FM, M&E, Electronics, defence, aerospace, industrial, finance, broadcast, power, transport, telecoms, and space sectors. Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.
Apply For Job