06th January, 2022
We are looking for a strategic Business Development Manager - Test & Measurement equipment knowledge, based from home in the UK to work with a range of Test Principals offering General Purpose & RF Test Equipment, PSUs, EMC Monitoring, RF Power Measurement and other Test and Measurement (T&M) Products. Reporting into the Sales Director, your focus will be to provide a technical lead on this broad range of products whilst growing new opportunities, through a deeper penetration of the customer base with both existing and new clients. Additionally, the ideal candidate will also be responsible for maintaining existing business in a range of Test & Measurement customers and prospects.
The role requires identification, development and conversion of new sales leads, the professional presentation of our complete portfolio to new and existing clients and developing and maintaining solid relationship with prospective new contacts and existing clients.
Success in the role will be dependent on good communication and accurate opportunity management. You will have strong relationship management skills to manage Key Principals including Keysight, Bird, Wavecontrol, Xcom and Itech. Produce an annual bookings forecast with monthly rolling updates to meet/exceed the needs of the Business.
Experience & Skills Required
- Technical understanding of T&M products and their applications
- Strategic selling and business development.
- Sales opportunity closure.
- Networking both traditional and electronic (social selling).
- Ability to deliver on time against agreed targets and objectives.
- Negotiation / understanding the differing channel sales requirements.
- Commercial Problem solving / thinking.
- Facilitation / team engagement.
- Lead pro-active sales effort across own territory for the Test business streams.
- Telephone appointing and ability to fill own diary with prospect and customer visits.
- Implement and execute sales campaigns and activity in target market areas / sectors.
- Increase customer engagement to explore for new opportunities in existing customer base.
- Develop and maintain key account plans for agreed strategic accounts within territory.
- Gain a sure knowledge base of the company GO! Scheme products and proactively sell these within the territory – target 1 new opportunity per week.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
What's on Offer
- Experience working in senior new business commercial role within Test & Measurement Market.
- Technically competent across the range of T&M products with wider experience of the trends within this market sector.
- Experience working in B2B sales role ideally within a multi-channel / distribution environment.
- Ideally degree educated or with relevant commercial experience
- Proven written and presentation skills.
- Engaging and out-going personality.
- Customer facing with well-developed communications skills across all channels.
- Committed with ability to motivate and drive team cohesion and performance.
This is a position which you will be the only individual in the UK in this role for the business and will allow you to stamp your own characteristics and style to the role. You will be coming into a warm client base and able to start earning bonus very early on. It also has the opportunity for further personal development through role specific and industry lead body training courses coupled with internal support and mentoring. This is in addition to the base salary, bonus, pension, and more great benefits all of which come hand in hand with your career development too. Salary :-
£40k Base with £70k+ OTE, 9% pension, 25 days hols + bank holidays, Fitness Benefit, Self-choice volunteering days Location :-
Home Based in the UK covering UK & Ireland Company:-
The organisation deliver design, specification and distribution of specialist electronic components and systems, lighting technologies and connectivity products, working across various industries including the FM, M&E, Electronics and more. Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.
Apply For Job