24th November, 2021
This Estimator position will mainly be an office based role that will involve looking after the Estimating functions of the business. The MD and owner of the business is looking for an experienced Estimator who has experience across domestic and potentially commercial works too. This role will require someone who has the drive and desire to advance their career and themselves, whilst working in a close, successful & established team.
The position will initially require general hands on Estimating works which will involve them Estimating across a variety of projects mainly across the Residential portfolio with project values ranging anything from £100k to £5million in value, with the majority sitting up to the £750k total. The role will also involve checking other works, coaching, development and overall management of the other Estimators within the business.
Duties will include;
Experience & Skills Required:
- Estimation & management of quotes for multiple sites, client and projects
- Dealing with clients requirements over the phone and at times in person
- To set up estimating files upon receipt of enquiries, both electronically and paper completing any further filing.
- Possible support of tenders and bid management for clients.
- To chase supplier, sub-contractor and manufacturer quotations.
- To take off residential and some commercial projects.
- To complete full estimating tasks.
- Supporting works and estimations carried out by other team members
- Work closely with the MD & rest of the business to help continue to grow the company
What's on Offer
- A good variety and depth of Estimation experience across mainly Domestic projects
- A good general understanding of building and construction
- Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise
- Previous strong team management and development experience
- Analytical and accurate
- Excellent communicator
- Computer literate
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Practical team player with a hands-on style
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Attention to detail
Working within this business, you will enjoy working within a close team that support each other and has a great culture that runs through the entire company. The success and awards the company have gained to date provide a platform for someone’s career to also grow with the company’s success. The security and benefits that also come with this are certainly generous as is the opportunity to be involved in industry events, awards and company days out. Salary :-
Up to £28k + Good Benefits Location :-
The organisation is a leading well-established, multi award winning, local family feel run Construction company with a great reputation across the industry, who have further plans to continue building on its year on year growth that it has achieved to date. Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.
Apply For Job