Kingsley Consulting are excited to be partnering a leading Safety Equipment Distribution business that is looking to recruit a Workshop Technician. Our client has grown rapidly over the last 10 years to establish themselves as one of the UK’s leading suppliers of Site Safety Equipment and this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career within a progressive organisation Hours
: Monday to Friday (8am – 5PM) Location:
Wellingborough S alary:
£24,000 - £26,000 Benefits:
25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension Role Objective:
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of workshop team as the company further invests in the workshop function to support their rapid growth plans. The successful candidate will provide a key support function to the company, enabling us to continue to provide a first-class service within the workshop and service department. Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Carrying out inspection, service, repair and testing of safety equipment in accordance with current legislation and manufacturer guidelines
- Checking returned equipment from off hire for any damages
- Cleaning and preparing equipment for service/calibration
- Inputting hire and service information onto the Syrinx Database System
- Updating/maintaining existing information on the Syrinx Database System
- Processing hire & sales orders for dispatch
- Service and maintenance of portable equipment located on customers’ sites
- Provide technical support to end users via the telephone or whilst onsite
- To maintain high standards of housekeeping within the workshop and maintain a safe working environment
- Carry out deliveries / collection as and when required during extremely busy times of the month.
- Carrying out stock takes
- Booking deliveries on a web based courier system
- Any other tasks as required
What’s on offer?
- Previous experience in a workshop environment is desirable but not essential
- A Technical mind with the ability to follow instruction is key
- Current and valid driving licence (must cover category B vehicles)
- Experience of driving commercial vehicles
- Must be a team player and can work well with fellow colleagues
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Excellent people skills and customer focused
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
- Strong organisational, time management and priorities skills, including the ability to multi-task in a controlled manner and being able to find material/information in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work flexibly
- Good PC skills, especially the use of Microsoft Office suite and databases
You will work in a well-established, progressive, forward-thinking business. Our client is a reward focused organisation that is developing and improving all the time. They have a created a great culture which is implemented through teamwork and support and have a fantastic future ahead of them. It really is a great business to work for! Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsley Consulting operate an inclusive and diverse recruitment process, whilst also ensuring our clients do the same and we can provide any advice or education to them in relation to this. If there may be any support or adjustments required at any point throughout your recruitment journey with us, then please let us know and our trained consultants will assist and advise you accordingly.