11th May, 2022
It is the vision of our Global R&PD business to have an inspired team delivering sustainable innovation to fuel Hardie's growth. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work alongside industry-leading engineers and scientists, develop and pursue research, work with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities and be challenged to think differently about the way you work. Our business is fast-paced, and our people are smart in the way they solve problems, driven in their pursuit of results, and real in the way they build relationships and work together.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK AT JAMES HARDIE R&PD?
Our company culture is built on providing a foundation of "Zero Harm" and creating a positive impact in communities. We have a relentless focus on achievement, learning and continuous improvement and provide the opportunity for people who value clear vision and a diverse culture to build a long and rewarding career in innovation.
There is an exclusive opportunity for an Ink Chemist to join our talented R&PD team at Rosehill, NSW. As a motivated, agile, and performance-driven individual reporting to the Manager, Technology Development, you will be responsible for supporting the business by utilising your scientific skills to lead, design, undertake and analyse information from controlled laboratory-based investigations, experiments and production trials.
- Use scientific methodology and experimental design to plan and conduct experiments with lab scale printers and ink testing equipment
- Develop ink specification to meet product requirements and make recommendation on ink vendors.
- Conduct lab scale testing & analysis on inks and test prints using standard or novel methods
- Demonstrate hands on approach with rapid prototyping and problem solving
- Deliver presentations and make sound recommendations to the R&D senior leadership team based on strong scientific experimentation and data analysis.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Materials Science, Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant technical experience in the print industry, including process development and technology implementation
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in:
- Process design, operation, and commissioning of process equipment
- Selection of printer hardware, ink behaviour and process parameters to drive in desirable image outputs
- Image preparation software and tools suitable to generate images for large format printers
- Applying statistical techniques to evaluate data and make decisions, with the ability to problem solve using a scientific yet practical approach
- Preferred knowledge and/or experience in:
- Selection and formulation of coatings including in soak-in sealers, film forming coatings and ink formulation for organic and inorganic inks
- Operation of various characterisation techniques, for example FTIR, SEM, XRD/XRF, QUV, thermal analysis and/or mechanical testing
The innovation team is made up of a fun, competitive group of passionate and talented people, mixed with movie buffs, weekend campers, artists, musicians, marathon runners and table tennis champions. We are a family here at James Hardie R&PD. If you are “Smart, Driven and Real” with the right level technical experience and passion for innovation, then there may be a place amongst our family with your name on it.
It is Possible with James Hardie™
Apply For Job