14th January, 2022
James Hardie Industries is the world’s #1 producer and marketer of high-performance fibre cement and fibre gypsum building solutions. As a local manufacturer, trusted innovator and industry leader James Hardie empowers homeowners across Australia to achieve their dream home with premium quality exterior cladding solutions.
It is the vision of our global R&PD team to provide a continuous pipeline of market led innovative new unique products and technologies with sustainable advantages to achieve our global business goal to be #1 in every market we choose to participate in. As part of the Global R&PD team you will have the opportunity to work alongside industry-leading engineers and scientist to develop and pursue research to advance our three key technology areas to fundamentally transform the building industry and ensure sustainable profitable business growth. You will have the opportunity follow the latest research, work with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities and be challenged to think differently about the way you work.
Opportunities like this one do not come around very often. This role will have you join our Global Research & Development team as the R&D Project Manager on a 3 year fixed term contract, where you can truly make an impact and use your strong technical expertise to lead a multimillion-dollar construction and implementation of a new key capital brownfield project.
- Implementation of project governance and control methods which includes a milestone gate process and a communication cadence via regular updates and reporting
- Successful implementation of project to cost, quality and within timeline
- Facilitate and provide project reviews to executive steering group and the Global R&PD Senior Leadership Team, highlighting risks & gaps.
- Track and analyse technical problems to identify patterns/trends and determine cost effective ways to eliminate root causes.
- Work cross-functionally to achieve high standards of project control, governance and reporting.
- Systematically & regularly presenting to the highest levels within the business.
- Ensure that James Hardie’s operations are in line with Work Health and Safety Requirements at all times.
- Comply with any reasonable request related to health and safety including but not limited to reporting any incidents, hazards, near misses or “at-risk” behaviours in a timely fashion, attending health and safety related training, participating in health and safety initiatives / activities and ensuring that either your acts or omissions do no place any person at risk
What is it like to work at James Hardie R&PD?
- Technical Degree, i.e., Engineering / Science
- Project Management certification (such as PMO, PMP, PfMP) would be highly regarded
- Working knowledge of industry standards, practices and regulations
- Strong understanding of innovation and product development within either a building materials product manufacturer or other industries
- Bachelor’s degree in business field (MBA advantageous)
- Must have 10 + years in Project Management experience preferably with brownfield and or greenfield experience (with a proven track record in delivering complex projects on time and within budget)
- Experience managing multidiscipline engineering and architectural teams during the design phases of projects, from concept through to full design/procurement documentation.
- Experience with project management software, engineering facilitation, tools and processes
- Experience in working in a fast paced, multi-faceted technology environment
Our company culture is built on providing a foundation of “Zero Harm” and creating a positive impact in communities. We have a relentless focus on achievement, learning and continuous improvement. We lead the markets in which we play and provide the opportunity for people who value clear vision and a diverse culture to build a career in one of the most well recognised manufacturing brands.
The R&PD business is made up of a fun, competitive group of passionate and talented people, mixed with movie buffs, weekend campers, artists, musicians, marathon runners and table tennis champions. We are a family here at James Hardie R&PD. If you are “Smart, Driven and Real” with the right level technical experience and passion for innovation, then there may be a place amongst our family with your name on it. What’s in it for you?
You will play an important and significant part in the future of a business that has been around for 133 years. Our vision is to become #1 in every market we choose to participate in. So, as Project Manager, in a role where you can truly make an impact and use your strong technical expertise to lead a multimillion-dollar construction and implementation of a new key capital brownfield project, you will also be backed by a fantastic team of talented individuals in a can-do, supportive environment.
It’s Possible with James Hardie™
Apply For Job