28th May, 2021
James Hardie locally manufactures fibre-cement products that reflect the changing way people build. We are a global leader that champions diverse living where everyone feels at home.
Our business is fast-paced, and our people are smart in the way they solve problems, driven in their pursuit of results, and real in the way they build relationships and work together.
We take a Zero Harm approach to safety and have a relentless focus on achievement, learning and improvement.
We lead the markets in which we play and provide the opportunity for people who value clear vision and a diverse culture to build a career in one of the most well-recognised local manufacturing brands.
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager, the primary purpose of the Senior Financial Accountant is to provide core financial accounting support services to meet James Hardie’s business needs. This role will be responsible for effectively meeting the business growth strategy through improving the overall performance of our accounting systems, processes and outputs.
- Completion of the month end process in a timely manner
- On time delivery of SOX requirements
- Accurate CAPEX additions, disposals, and transfers
- Maintaining the integrity of the General Ledger
- Consistently generating accurate and timely reporting using Hyperion
- Utilising Blackline to prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Fixed Assets Management for the APAC region
- Ensure company policies and SOX controls are maintained
- Work closely with the internal and external audit processes
- Continually identify and drive process improvement opportunities
- Qualified Accountant with minimum 5+ years’ post qualification experience
- Previous experience in the Big Four highly desirable
- Strong technical knowledge including IFRS, USGAAP and exposure to consolidation accounting
- SAP knowledge would be advantageous
- Intermediate to advance Excel skills (Lookups, Pivot Table)
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems
- Driven, people person with leadership qualities
If you’re a driven professional who is eager to learn and develop, come and join a fast paced, fun Finance team based at Rosehill. You will be given opportunities to contribute to continuous improvement projects that will help enhance the James Hardie brand in the market. Culture and benefits
The James Hardie culture encourages and rewards bright people who deliver innovative value to the business. We have a collaborative and empowering work environment that supports diversity, change and innovation and a culture that is supportive and respectful. At James Hardie we will not compromise the safety of our people. We believe in Zero Harm to anyone, anytime.
The people that work at James Hardie are smart, they’re real and they’re driven.
Apply now and be part of a company that is changing the way the world builds.
Apply For Job