Bapcor Limited is Asia Pacific’s leading provider of vehicle parts, accessories, equipment, service and solutions. Our New Zealand businesses operate across Trade, Service and Specialist Wholesale and include BNT, Autolign, Truck and Trailer Parts, Precision Equipment, HCB Technologies, JAS Oceania NZ, and Diesel Distributors. Bapcor Automotive has over 600 team members in New Zealand.At Bapcor, we live by Our Values of:
- We give a damn
- We are in it together
- We get it done
- We do the right thing
An exciting opportunity exists for a passionate individual with proven sales and customer service experience looking to take that next step in their career as our Assistant Branch Manager at our BNT New Lynn Branch.
This role will be responsible for supporting the Branch Manager in the running of an effective and profitable branch, with specific accountability for the Customer Service, Warehouse and Delivery functions. You will also oversee branch operations (including team supervision) in the absence of the Branch Manager.About the Position:
You will help to lead a varied team including customer service representatives, drivers, warehouse assistants and the day-to-day internal operational activities in the branch. You will work closely with the Branch Manager and an external sales team to go above and beyond for our customers to deliver first-class customer service!
In this position, you will also have responsibility for frontline branch performance with a strong focus on health and safety and achieving KPI's around sales & stock management.
Specifically, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the day to day running of the customer services function; ensuring it’s effectively staffed and structured to meet the needs of the customer
- Always striving to achieve operational efficiencies and improvements that support profitability
- Assisting in the management of debtors to agreed annual targeted levels
- Assisting in the management of stock loss and gain on an ongoing basis, and ensuring the timely management of claims and warranty issues as required
- Ensuring service levels including delivery times are always met or exceeded
- Working with the Branch Manager and Sales Rep to generate sales through the successful development of existing customer relationships and ongoing networking, proactively seeking out new opportunities within your marketplace
- Ensuring new team members are effectively inducted and trained, setting them up for the best shot at success
- Having a good understanding of the competency levels of our team and support them in their performance and development
- Leading and role modelling a culture of zero harm through effective risk management and consultation with your team regarding all health and safety matters
To be successful in this role, you will have proven experience in a supervisory role and a solid understanding of store operations, ideally within the automotive industry. You will also have people management skills and a passion for motivating your team to exceed KPIs and provide outstanding customer service.
You will also have:
- At least 1+ years’ experience in a supervisory or management role
- A thorough understanding of store operations including stock management, sales, account management and business development
- Knowledge of B2B/Trade/Wholesale industries
- A flair for customer service, with the ability to build and maintain outstanding customer relationships
- A passion for leading and developing people
- A current driver’s license
- Flexibility to work alternate Saturday mornings.
If you are ready to take the next step to deepen your leadership career, we would love to hear from you! Applications close 9th November 2021