28th April, 2021
Classic Recruitment is working with a Global Company in recruiting an experienced Tradesperson to join their team. This is a unique role that will see the successful candidate travel frequently internationally.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Liaise with existing customers and service personnel from regional centres (predominantly overseas).
- Provide technical expertise on equipment upgrade projects and process planning.
- Manage the project from start to finish, with a high level of reporting back to your Manager based in Toowoomba.
- Managing local workers from diverse cultural backgrounds, ensuring the project gets completed on time and within the required standards
- Conduct pre-service inspections on equipment - either half or full life services
- Mentor and instruct the local team in dismantling the equipment
- When not travelling you will be based in the Toowoomba office or working from home, discussing projects with the management team.
- Possess a Trade Qualification - Diesel Mechanic/Fitter, Electrician or similar qualification
- Have previous Project Management Experience
- Be a highly competent Tradesperson with a minimum of 10 years experience
- Possess sound to intermediate computer skills
- Have the ability to complete reports (filling out accurate paperwork)
- Have at least 2 years' of well-developed customer relationship experience (mining and or export related field would be advantageous)
- Possess strong problem solving skills and be extremely organised.
- Be able to travel internationally and work in tough working conditions (travel is 4-6 weeks' at a time in countries such as Egypt (and other African countries), Russia, Chili and Canada.
- Current Open Drivers licence (required)
- Current Passport (required)
- Slewing mobile crane (C2) Licence, or ability to obtain.
- Forklift Licence - or ability to obtain
- Dogman Ticket - or ability to obtain
- Basic Rigging Ticket - or ability to obtain
Travel will be for approximately 4 months of the year. Therefore, the successful candidate will need to be able to commit to being away for long stints at a time. There are no out of pocket expenses when you are travelling, including being picked up from your home and taken to the airport.
When not travelling you will be required to work in the Toowoomba Office.
While working from home is an option, relocation is preferred, as you will need to be in the office at least 2 days a week (relocation expenses are available)Remuneration
On offer for this role is an attractive annual salary which is based on experience. The range on offer is $100,000 - $130,000. When travelling internationally you will also receive $100 per day to compensate you for being away from home.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Tradesperson to join a Global Company and advance their career.
Initial interviews for this role will be held either at the Classic Recruitment Office in Toowoomba or via video chat (either Zoom or Teams).
Applications for this role should include a short cover letter addressing the above criteria. Resumes should also be amended to suit the specific vacancy.
For a confidential discussion about the role please phone Nick on 46 383599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply For Job