02nd June, 2021
DBS Recruitment & Labour Hire are currently looking for 2 Trade Qualified Carpenters to fill a 3-year contract in Tieri.
DBS are a family run business that service a wide range of clients in Tieri and surrounding areas. We are about achieving results and exceeding our client's expectations.
The key to our success is our strong team culture, commitment to our people and a genuine passion for what we do!
Why join us?
- Strong team culture - we foster and encourage a collaborative and supportive team environment, where everyone is a respected member of the team
- Ongoing development - We are committed to supporting you in your career journey and provide ongoing development and progression
- Work/Life balance - we appreciate the need to strike a good balance here and we don't burn out our staff, ensuring you can be at your best in and out of work!
- Accommodation and meals can be supplied
- Company vehicle provided plus fuel
- Further opportunities in the Coal Mining Industry may be available to the right candidates after successful completion of a minimum 18 months in this role.
Work life balance is a high priority to us, so weekend work is very minimal. We appreciate that our business can't run without you and we like to reward our staff accordingly. We'll give you the freedom to do your job, provide ongoing training & give you the trust you need to get your job done! If you enjoy the small things; variety of work, having a plan, good clients to work for and being trusted.
The Role Tieri is a small mining town so this position will have you completing repairs and maintenance on a variety of buildings including but not limited to; camp style accommodation, houses, offices, commercial buildings and workshops.
You will be multi skilled and will be required to lend a hand in other areas such as paving, concreting, tiling and waterproofing just to name a few.
No two days are ever the same! You will gain great experience in all areas of the industry and there are excellent opportunities for career progression and long-term work.
9 Day Fortnight (86.5hrs) – Monday to Friday (every second Friday off) Full-time, Permanent position
- Hold a valid Trade Certificate
- Have a current drivers licence
- Have a current Construction Induction – White Card
- Provide your own trade specific tools
- Be able to follow instructions and work independently
- Be self-motivated
- Produce a high standard of work
- Have a strong work ethic
- Have great customer service skills
- Have a positive attitude
Apply For Job
- Have a minimum 3 years Carpentry experience
- LVR/ CPR Certificate
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Working at Heights Certificate
- EWP Operators Certificate (less than 11m – Low Risk)
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Non-Friable asbestos removal licence – Class B
- Waterproofing Qualifications
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Glencore Generic Induction
- Current Surface Standard 11 Certificate