What's the opportunity?
We are currently searching for an experienced Civil Project Engineer to join the Clean TeQ Sunrise
Engineering Team. The role will provide technical engineering input and project management expertise for the civil components of the project, including bulk earthworks, infrastructure, tailings storage facilities and water ponds. The initial contract will be for 6 months, with a potential for extensions. The role will be Perth-based but will require site travel to Parkes, NSW. Key responsibilities:
Skills and experience
- Development, definition and management of scope schedule and budget for civil components of the project.
- Develop and maintain an execution strategy for allocated project scope that is aligned with the overall project requirements.
- Manage execution of the strategy by ensuring team understands direction, objectives and constraints. Also ensure that sufficient resources are allocated, and inputs from functional groups are provided on a timely basis.
- Manage external contractors completing design works and materials testing.
- Provide technical input for civil engineering components of works – preliminary design, detailed design and field execution.
- Manage interface of this scope with other elements of project.
- Develop scopes of work for tender documentation, input into contractor selection and technical review of tender documents.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of risk register, including implementation of identified mitigation activities.
- Technical management of execution contractors in the field.
- Monitor and report on progress for allocated project scope.
- Development and application of contingency plans where required.
- Sourcing strategy for civil construction materials (Granular Materials)
- Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent), 15 years’ experience including 5 years with similar works.
Project management and design experience in the execution of civil works
- Experience in managing design completed by external contractors
- Site experience in managing construction of roads, tailings dams and similar earthen structures
- Site experience in managing bulk earthworks
If you are interested in this role with one of Australia's largest greenfields projects, please apply immediately through Seek or our Careers page. For further information contact our Recruitment Team via firstname.lastname@example.org. About Clean TeQ
At Clean TeQ we’re applying our innovative clean technologies to solve planet Earth’s most pressing environmental issues.
With the development of Clean TeQ Sunrise – a world-class nickel-cobalt and scandium project – and a highly innovative water technology business, innovation sits at the core of our philosophy. We will empower the clean energy, water and transport revolution through our proprietary Clean-iX® continuous ion exchange technology.
We are prepared to be different and believe that being connected and invested will achieve the best results for the environment, communities, our people and our partners. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.