23rd February, 2021
F U L L P O S I T I O N D E S C R I P T I O N
Workplace Experience Lead | Hub Civic Quarter
Reports to: Clubhouse Manager | Hub Civic Quarter, Hub Australia
Start date: 01 March 2020
Location: Hub Civic Quarter (Canberra)
Employment type: Permanent Full-Time - 1.0 FTE
Ordinary hours of work: You are required to work 38 hours per week, plus all such reasonable additional hours as may be required to properly perform your duties in accordance with this agreement or as directed by the board. In addition to ordinary hours of work, you are expected to attend the biannual strategy gathering.
Salary: To be discussed at interview stages.
About Hub Australia
Hub Australia provides premium workspaces, business networks, and services across 7 locations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide.
Founded and headquartered in Melbourne, Hub has grown to become the largest privately-owned coworking operator in Australia, with over 60 staff and 3500 members ranging from small business and government to non-profit and corporations.
Established in 2011, Hub is a Certified B-Corporation and the first coworking space in Australia to be certified Carbon Neutral with Climate Active. Hub is a fun, energetic, and dynamic environment with plenty of room for growth – as we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work with others, there’s a perfect place for you to grow with us.
As our Workplace Experience Lead, you will help to deliver top notch customer experiences by learning the ins and outs of our community, providing a warm welcome, maintaining a pristine Clubhouse through morning, midday and evening space resets, deliver a five star hospitality experience with barista skills at our in-house cafe,
As you work to maintain an awesome facility, you’ll be accountable for ensuring expense targets are met or beaten and that Clubhouse supplies are stocked and ordered in a timely manner. You’ll help to support Clubhouse events and will help to generate member communications.
As Space Lead, you’ll meet regularly with your manager and the facilities and technology team to define areas of improvement and opportunities to contribute to Hub Australia. You’ll be encouraged to bring forward ideas and insights you are passionate about and to be open, reflective, and collaborative.
This is a physically demanding role and suits someone who enjoys being on their feet, making excellent customer experiences a standard and being able to troubleshoot technical issues with ease.
Maintenance and Upkeep of our Clubhouse
Apply For Job
Facilities and Technological Troubleshooting
- Managing the Clubhouse space so it’s orderly, beautiful, welcoming and functional, consistent with National specifications (Experience Data Sheets);
- Participating in quarterly space audits and actioning needs for improvement;
- Administration and maintenance of meeting rooms as needed;
- Maintaining a register of Space Management requirements, timelines, resolution, etc., and working with the Hub management, colleagues in other Clubhouses, and other Hub Australia staff as required to ensure tasks and activities are resolved in a timely fashion;
- Coordinating and project managing onsite maintenance and works as required;
- Managing Clubhouse expense spreadsheets and credit card use, including uploading of receipts;
- Assistance in managing roster and casual staff;
- Managing purchase of supplies necessary to operate the Clubhouse and run community events.
Hospitality and Concierge Services
- Being the Clubhouse Tech Rep, providing basic (Level 1&2) IT support for Clubhouse users and participating in the national management of Clubhouse IT needs;
- Undertake basic maintenance tasks at Clubhouse, such as changing light bulbs, fixing furniture, putting up pictures, etc;
- Ensuring members are aware of any changes, etiquette and events via in-space posters, TV screens and projected images, information sharing at community events etc. to ensure members are informed on key space related activities;
- Manage the escalation of complex technical and facilities issues to our Tech and Facilities Team via a support ticketing system, maintaining member-facing communications as a solution is in process;
- Utilising MP as our member portal, pushing all communications regarding Hosting issues and Space Maintenance via MP to Clubhouse members;
- Encouraging members to refer to MP as first port of call for any space-related matters, including a MAP ‘call to action’ with any non- MP communications;
- Administration of MP Marketplace, i.e. access pass (Salto Locks), mailbox purchases and adding printing credit.
- Making consistently amazing coffee that even the most discerning coffee customer would enjoy;
- Looking after our guests in following all prescribed Service Standards at all times;
- Getting to know each of our members, their name and their favourite coffee;
- Providing assistance to events and meetings, and catering for guests when required;
- Following all health & safety policies and procedures, legislation and standards at the direction of your leader;
- Maintaining an overview of stock levels and advising your leader as required for stock ordering;
- Keeping on top of industry and café trends, whilst offering suggestions to continuously improve our offer.
Key skills & experience
- Facilities and tech support experience well regarded - Systems and tech savvy; you are able to fix basic tech issues and provide level 2 support;
- High-standard Barista skills including knowledge of allergies and latte art abilities;
- 2+ years experience in a similar role;
- A genuine passion for managing client relationships and the ability to analyse, develop and cultivate new business with new and existing members;
- You have a keen eye for detail and sweat the small stuff that makes member experiences unique and authentic;
- The ability to build strong internal and external relationships, work well in a team and independently;
- Strong time management skills and able to juggle competing priorities whilst remaining solutions focused;
- Most importantly; a desire to grow and learn with a dynamic, growing and supportive community.
- Hub Happiness Index (Customer Satisfaction Survey);
- Clubhouse EBITDA, member retention;
- Track expenses relating to Clubhouse supply orders with 100% accuracy.