23rd February, 2021
Community & Operations Lead - Parliament Station Reports to:
Clubhouse Manager, (Parliament Station) Start date:
Parliament Station, Melbourne Employment type:
Permanent - Full-Time Ordinary hours of work:
Our clubhouses are staffed between 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. After-hours work will be required for Member Events. In addition to ordinary hours of work, you are expected to attend the biannual strategy gathering Salary:
To be discussed at interview stages. About Hub Australia
Hub Australia provides premium workspaces, business networks, and services across 7 locations in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, and Adelaide.
Founded and headquartered in Melbourne, Hub has rapidly grown to become the largest privately-owned coworking operator in Australia, with over 60 staff and 3000 members ranging from small business and government to non-profit and corporations.
Established in 2011, Hub is a Certified B-Corporation and the first coworking space in Australia to be certified Carbon Neutral with Climate Active. Hub is a fun, energetic, and dynamic environment with plenty of room for growth – as we continue to build the best place to create, share, and work with others, there’s a perfect place for you to grow with us. The purpose of the role
The Community and Operations Lead builds and maintains a thriving, vibrant, and collaborative member community within our Clubhouse, including activation of our member admin portal and digital channels. This role plays a crucial role in delivering Hub’s member journey – assisting members to build social and business connections that fuel collaboration, innovation, and success.
A thriving Clubhouse community maintained by the Community and Operations Lead increases retention and fuels occupancy targets. New members come from success and growth from within the community, referrals, and desire to connect with our diverse membership base.
The Community and Operations Lead also assists in managing the Clubhouse in collaboration with the local team to meet Clubhouse expense targets. Exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills are vital. Responsibilities by function Community Engagement
Member Administration & Sales
- Be the go-to person for your clubhouse members
- Lead and coordinate member events in your local clubhouse as specified by the national member journey program, including facilitating member talks and panel discussions as required
- Take each member through the Hub member journey, including face-to-face member check-ins
- Facilitate commercial connections and opportunities for members to help their businesses evolve and grow
- Utilise the Member Portal and Hubspot for all member engagement and communications, and to supplement in-space community activity
- Conduct and review member exit interviews, ensuring relevant feedback is acted on through the appropriate channels
- Deliver important information to members through our member communication channels in line with the Hub Australia brand and ethos
- Live and breathe our values: Collaboration, Accountability, Resourcefulness, Adaptability, and Beyond Profit.
Clubhouse Operations & Support
- Sales and sales administration for a range of Hub Australia products
- Manage membership renewals and work closely with the Clubhouse Manager and Membership Sales Manager as required
- Build and maintain a waiting list for Clubhouse membership products
- Deliver tours and trial day experiences to prospective members or as requested
- Member administration, including license agreement, onboarding, and offboarding members
- Work with the Clubhouse Manager to complete invoicing and monthly bill run accurately and on time; manage the Hub Australia delinquents process for your members
- Connect with local organisations and attend networking events to promote the Hub Australia community and identify potential members.
Responsibilities when Clubhouse Manager absent from Clubhouse
- Work collaboratively with your Clubhouse team
- Ensure Zendesk tickets and maintenance projects are resolved in a timely manner to ensure the highest level of member experience.
- Host the Welcome Desk as required, ensuring an excellent level of customer service to our members and their guests
- Work closely with Clubhouse Managers to ensure your expenses are in line with Clubhouse budgets
- Assist with training of new or current members of the Clubhouse team
- Work with the Clubhouse team to ensure member kitchen facilities are always clean and functioning
- Review member data and identify areas for improvement
- Continually think of ways we could improve processes and procedures to ensure the best customer service is provided to our members
- Chair all Clubhouse Operations based meetings such as; daily huddle, Clubhouse meetings, and Trello sessions
- Be an advocate for Hub’s policies and procedures to your team and members
- Be the main point of escalation for your team, and work with the Clubhouse Manager to help resolve any Clubhouse related issues
- Know and be able to implement safety plans, i.e. fire, emergency, and COVID plans
- Be the eyes and ears of the Clubhouse, overseeing the day-to-day operations, supporting the team, and flagging any concerns with your Clubhouse Manager
- Where appropriate and once raised with your Clubhouse Manager, provide direction to the team when the situation arises eg: If it is quiet in the Clubhouse, suggesting tasks the SL, Concierge and CL can work through.
Required training and experience
- Member check-ins
- Completion of bill-run in line with National Accounting Calendar
- Member Retention (Churn rates)
- Hub Happiness Index (NPS)
That said, if your experience varies from what we’ve listed yet you still believe you hold the necessary skills - we would love to hear from you.
- 2+ years’ experience in a fast-paced customer service environment
- 2+ years’ experience in account management
- The ability to build rapport with your members - understanding their businesses and their needs
- A genuine passion for managing client relationships and the ability to analyse, develop and cultivate new business with existing members
- Presentation skills - you will be required to speak to our member community often
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate your peers to achieve a common goal
- The ability to juggle competing priorities whilst remaining solutions-focused
- Strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
What you’ll be rewarded with
All this while working in one of Australia’s most beautiful workspaces!
Apply For Job
- Being a key member of an energetic, dynamic, and fun team who stands for more than their bottom line
- Working among the best organisations in Australia as a certified Great Place to Work™
- Being part of a B Corp and certified carbon neutral company with a vision and plan to use Hub Australia as a force for social and environmental good, and to make a difference in the world
- A personalised training and professional development program to grow your skills and career
- Support to make a social and environmental impact with paid volunteer leave each year
- An invitation to our biannual company-wide conference, where you will meet all your teammates and have a lot of fun!