27th May, 2021
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Competitive Salary + Tax Effective Salary Packaging
- Make a difference delivering engaging and life changing programs to young people impacted by cancer
Just when life should be full of possibilities, cancer can crash into a young person’s world and shatter everything. Canteen provides young people impacted by cancer, and their parents, with access to a team of Allied Health Professionals who deliver programs, counselling and a range of other group and individual support activities.
The team at Canteen assist these young people to access the support they need to develop and maintain the skills and confidence to live healthy and happy lives.
As Programs Officer you will be responsible for designing, delivering and evaluating a portfolio of peer support, psychosocial and recreational initiatives for Canteen’s service users in SA & NT.
You will play a key role in Canteen’s psychosocial practices by facilitating peer support opportunities through program delivery and community outreach, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of young people through their Canteen experience.
As Programs Officer you will be a confident communicator, able to engage young people, volunteers and the general public about our work, including those from diverse backgrounds. You will coordinate community outreach and education and build strong relationships with stakeholders, to harness the community to support the delivery of programs. In addition, the Programs Officer will develop and maintain relationships with a broad cross section of Canteen referral sources including hospitals, schools, universities and other not-for-profit organisations.Selection CriteriaQualifications:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Tertiary qualification in education, human services, health promotion, community development, or related fields
- Current open driver’s license, ability to obtain a first aid certificate and working with children check are essential
- Demonstrated skills designing and delivering engaging events, recreation programs and programs with significant psychosocial practice elements (e.g. structured group work time)
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively with regard to recreation and other program activities
- Demonstrated experience successfully engaging external community groups/organisations
- Demonstrated abilities in group facilitation
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Knowledge of legal obligations relating to activities
Location: Adelaide, SA
Job type: 12 month fixed term; Full-time
Hours of work: 5 days / 37.5 hours per week
Please note in this role weekend work is required and time off in lieu is offered to our Programs Officer staff.
Applications close on 14th June 2021. For more information on the role please click on the link; https://www.canteen.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PD-Programs-Officer.pdf
Apply For Job