27th May, 2021
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Competitive Salary + Tax Effective Salary Packaging
- Make a difference delivering engaging and life changing programs to young people impacted by cancer
Just when life should be full of possibilities, cancer can crash into a young person’s world and shatter everything. Canteen provides young people impacted by cancer, and their parents, with access to a team of Allied Health Professionals who deliver programs, counselling and a range of other group and individual support activities.
The team at Canteen assist these young people to access the support they need to develop and maintain the skills and confidence to live healthy and happy lives. Job Summary
In this dynamic role as Programs Officer you will be responsible for designing, delivering and evaluating a portfolio of peer support and recreational initiatives for youth impacted by Cancer in regional NSW and Canberra.
You will play a key role in Canteen’s service model by facilitating peer support opportunities through program delivery and community outreach, ensuring the Canteen experience offered to our young people is exceptional.
The Programs officer will be tasked with coordinating community outreach and education to harness support for the delivery of programs. You will develop and maintain relationships with a broad cross section of Canteen referral sources including hospitals, schools, universities and other not-for-profit organisations. To be successful in the role you will need to have demonstrated experience facilitating and monitoring the successful delivery of programs. Selection Criteria Qualifications:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Tertiary qualification in education, human services, health promotion, community development, or related fields
- Current open driver’s license, ability to obtain a first aid certificate and working with children check are essential
- Demonstrated skills designing and delivering engaging events, recreation programs and programs with significant psychosocial practice elements (e.g. structured group work time)
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively with regard to recreation and other program activities
- Demonstrated experience successfully engaging external community groups/organisations
- Demonstrated abilities in group facilitation
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Knowledge of legal obligations relating to activities
Location: Canberra, ACT
Job type: 12 month fixed term; Part-time
Hours of work: 4 days / 30 hours per weekApplications close 14th June 2021
For more informaiton on the role please cliick on this link; https://www.canteen.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/PD-Programs-Officer.pdf
Apply For Job